Thursday, June 2, 2011

Promoting Regularity

In my experience, regulars are meaningful people. Between my coworkers and regulars, these were the people I saw every day. I saw some people more often than I saw my roommates.

There is a lot of life happening at Starbucks. Regulars become friends. Some become lovers. Somewhere, I’m sure they’ve become spouses. We’ve gone out together after work. We’ve remembered and observed each other’s birthdays. I’ve given and received gifts on many occasions. We support each other on bad days. We celebrate each other on good days.

I’m aware that I make a lot of caustic remarks about customers. I heard a statistic once that said people were 97% more likely to report a bad experience than a good one. But I figure, if I’m crying out for positivity and understanding, I should exercise it, too.

So I am grateful for every person that crossed my path, who behaved like a person and not a transaction.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment